Protests and LLMD discussions
2011-09-17 17:44:29 UTC
Years ago, a friend and I went to several protests and LLMD
discussions. There don't seem to be as many anymore or I'm not hearing
about them.

Are there any Lyme talks or protests in the immediate future? Thank
you.
Sylvester McMonkey McBean
2011-09-19 19:53:51 UTC
Years ago, a friend and I went to  several protests and LLMD
discussions. There don't seem to be as many anymore or I'm not hearing
about them.
Are there any Lyme talks or protests in the immediate future?  Thank
you.
Here's something that may interest you:
"Show your appreciation to your doctor".

"ILADS will be having a donor appreciation event on Thursday October
27 in Toronto. For a minimum donation of $1000, you will receive an
invitation to the event and have the opportunity to dine with your
doctor or otherwise mingle with well known Lyme doctors.

Please donate by clicking below or send a check to ILADS PO Box
341461
Bethesda, MD 20827 by October 1, 2011".

http://www.ilads.org/

Bring your checkbook.
Kathleen
2011-09-19 21:37:00 UTC
On Sep 19, 3:53 pm, Sylvester McMonkey McBean
Post by Sylvester McMonkey McBean
Years ago, a friend and I went to  several protests and LLMD
discussions. There don't seem to be as many anymore or I'm not hearing
about them.
Are there any Lyme talks or protests in the immediate future?  Thank
you.
"Show your appreciation to your doctor".
"ILADS will be having a donor appreciation event on Thursday October
27 in Toronto. For a minimum donation of $1000, you will receive an
invitation to the event and have the opportunity to dine with your
doctor or otherwise mingle with well known Lyme doctors.
Please donate by clicking below or send a check to ILADS PO Box
341461
Bethesda, MD 20827 by October 1, 2011".
http://www.ilads.org/
Bring your checkbook.
LIKE.

We can support them, but
ILADS does not support the
science.

Science backfires on
psychiatry.
Sylvester McMonkey McBean
2011-09-20 00:36:38 UTC
On Sep 19, 2:53 pm, Sylvester McMonkey McBean
Post by Sylvester McMonkey McBean
"Show your appreciation to your doctor".
"ILADS will be having a donor appreciation event on Thursday October
27 in Toronto. For a minimum donation of $1000, you will receive an
invitation to the event and have the opportunity to dine with your
doctor or otherwise mingle with well known Lyme doctors.
Please donate by clicking below or send a check to ILADS PO Box
341461
Bethesda, MD 20827 by October 1, 2011".
http://www.ilads.org/
Bring your checkbook.
---------------------------------------
Or...

...you could save yourself a few hundred and pop over to the LDA's
latest...only set you back a couple hundred, there:

► Fee(s):
Non-CME = $199; $215 (if space available, door)
CME = $299; $315 (if space available, at door)

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=744:register-now-ldacolumbia-2011-scientific-conference-october-1st-a-2nd&catid=7:conflict-report

Have you figured out what the common demoninator is in all these Lyme
disease "discussions" is?

(Let me know if you're having trouble. HINT: it goes...cha-ching, cha-
ching).
Lipanj
2011-09-20 04:26:23 UTC
On Sep 19, 8:36 pm, Sylvester McMonkey McBean
[...]
ching).- Hide quoted text -
Yes what the heck do they do for us nothing---ILADS - LDA nothing--
talk talk conferences. Why don't they have the guts to go to
Washington and get a senate hearing...and have part of it on the ABC
news. Pat Smith blah blah, yak yak, doesn't do any good - all to the
wrong people the crooks.
Odd when that Kathleen Sebelious of Dept of Hlt and Human???? dog
svces came out with the new rule that women 40 yrs to 49 yrs should
not get breast mamagrams which is sicko. So many young women have
gotten breast cancer plus a lot of women I noticed with lyme get it.
When she came out with that (cost cutting crap)- I saw on abc news a
senate hearing on that...and Sebelious guiltily then said Oh it was
taken out of context, yea sure..I bet COST CUTTING- in fact that is
what one of the senators said. .
It was changed back.
Why in H is going on with these lyme leaders- can't they go right to
the White Hse. and get a public Senate hearing on the politics of the
disease...and the IDSA...
Nothing new either as far as treatments. Nothing much different than
the old book written in the 40's on Human borreliosis except for a few
new potent antibiotics...they even mention the B12plus high dose
tetracycycline...they didn't have doxycycline then...
Then they have these Walkathon's -Turn the Corner Fdtn etc. How in the
heck can you walk when your hips hurt, your lower back tightens up.
Also when they did in past go and petition with their boards on a
stick and Miz Tick with her goofy outfits and green hats etc. they
looked like goof balls...plus the name Lyme D. is really ridiculous
just because the dumbos in US first discovered the disease in Lyme
Conn. It is borrelia infection or borreliosis. The name is cheap.
And beware of those ads with remedies calling it lyme's
disease....plural....
Dr. Burrascano did stick his neck out for the people...and look what
he got..a big slap in the face....he was one person tho alone. On U-
tube he said his license wasn't revoked etc. and the drs. in NY now
can practice as they see fit....well they got him all rightie. Plus
Igenex blood test is NOT approved by FDA in NY.....I guess because the
Amer. Lyme F. is there - Steere and co. vermins...
The first and original lyme fdtn. of Conn. is now smashed. ILADS is
double talk. They do not practice medically what they preach at least
a few of the drs. one in particular. Instead of things getting better
they are much much worse. A dr. in Kenneth Sq. Pa. was an excellent
lyme dr. and Infectious D. Dr. but WAS an excellent lyme dr. Now he
uses Quest and if blood test is negative he tells people it must be
something else...good bye....sucker go and suffer.
Another one few yrs ago in Newtown Pa...was an excellent lyme dr. 5
yrs ago stopped treating lyme (coward) and referrs them somewhere else
also says follow up with your rheumatologist..bye bye.....like Jemsik
said "Wait till one of them or a family member of their's gets it."
I doubt also if it would be 10 days of el cheapo doxycycline
either... Evil wins out on this earth I have found out in more ways
than one....
Oh forgot, I have chronic ACA, atrophie blanche, secondary of aca as
also stated there are secondary residuous form of the
bacteria.....lower legs a mess, doctor who first treated me a
dermatologist who diagnosed it which I suspected it was that even
before...I even have a letter from him stating that is what I have.
He was a prominent dermatologist, now retired...in the group he was in
I am now assigned this idiot lady I get -"That's only in Europe."
BS.

Yet the doctor who diagnosed it was the head of that group and it's in
my records his writings. My dopplers are normal...she writes the last
time some sicko lipodermato sclerosis --what....plus stasis
dermatitis ..the one older man derm at least had atrophie blanche
which is livdoid vasculopathy diff. of ACA - he says oh he is old-
he's still there, he pawns me off on her...the jerk. they won't bend
down and admit I have lyme..or it's from the lyme. And boy if you
know more than they or point out the facts they get worse with one and
smart alecky.

About the ralleys etc. someone mentioned of the past...I wonder tho
how is it the AIDS people are now getting all this kid glove
treatment, and oh respect, even free meds....I guess if one has bad
habits they eventually win out on things. Oh yes we must find a cure
for AIDS so those like Rock Hudson, Liberace, etc etc. were able to
continue with their vices.

I feel sorry for the poor baby born with aids, or blood transfusion
victim and a few other instances but how basically it is acquired..oh
find a cure yes yes. Yes they need help but-- we poor suckers stepped
on made out to be crazy some, it's all in your head and end up
crippled, in wheelchairs, and all the rest, and DEATHS. One gets oh
there is politics in all diseases, are you kidding. Even diabetes the
free meter reader supplies and all the rest..what! NOT LIKE THIS
DISEASE...TELL ME ONE..well in ref to cancer, they use much better
treatments in Europe but I read long time ago that they won't accept a
lot of the stuff like from Germany etc. as then they would not in USA
be reaking in the millions for the chemo treatments.
So be it..................actually some of those rallies they had way
in the past were sort of circus like...those goofy green outfits...I
will have to admit tho Pat Smith at the PA lyme bill hearing is the
only one that did expose the IDSA's doings a bit. The insurance cos.
are paying off the PA governors and the new one Corbitt who used to be
head of the crooked attorney general's office is a pile of junk no
different than Rendell the past governor.
Everything is crooked payoffs payoffs in more ways than
one....hospitals, lawyers, doctors, and Indian chiefs, an old saying.
Susan
2011-09-20 16:46:04 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Sylvester McMonkey McBean
...you could save yourself a few hundred and pop over to the LDA's
Non-CME = $199; $215 (if space available, door)
CME = $299; $315 (if space available, at door)
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=744:register-now-ldacolumbia-2011-scientific-conference-october-1st-a-2nd&catid=7:conflict-report
Have you figured out what the common demoninator is in all these Lyme
disease "discussions" is?
(Let me know if you're having trouble. HINT: it goes...cha-ching, cha-
ching).
Yeah, unlike all the CMEs paid for by pharma...

Susan
Zanzibar Buck Buck McFate
2011-09-20 19:42:25 UTC
Post by Susan
Yeah, unlike all the CMEs paid for by pharma...
Oh...there's one born (or bitten) every minute...

...you gotta love those Lyme activist types...empty minds...empty
checkbooks...
Susan
2011-09-20 21:48:45 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Zanzibar Buck Buck McFate
Post by Susan
Yeah, unlike all the CMEs paid for by pharma...
Oh...there's one born (or bitten) every minute...
...you gotta love those Lyme activist types...empty minds...empty
checkbooks...
You couldn't possibly be speaking of moi? I'm no Lyme activist.

I'm also not a usenet troll with no life.

Susan
Zanzibar Buck Buck McFate
2011-09-21 03:58:33 UTC
You couldn't possibly be speaking of moi?  I'm no Lyme activist.
Oh, certainly not.

Don't be silly...

...I would never say something like that about anyone so obviously
continental, chic and sophisticated...someone who sprays "moi"
around...
I'm also not a usenet troll with no life.
Well, that's a matter of opinion...yours, apparently.
Susan
2011-09-21 15:55:19 UTC
Post by Susan
I'm also not a usenet troll with no life.
Well, that's a matter of opinion...yours, apparently.
So, where are all the freebie CMEs being held?

Susan
Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
2011-09-21 18:20:13 UTC
Post by Susan
So, where are all the freebie CMEs being held?
Well, I was thinking of having one in my backyard...but I doubt if
anyone is going to want to hangout for just a bag of stale pork rinds
and a lukewarm six-pack of Bud.

Look...

...NOT the issue, really.

Yes, I suppose that there are well-documented cases (numerous ones, in
fact) of MDs getting freebies courtesy of interested parties in the
whole deal. Not a good thing. No disagreement.

The point here is that the "Lyme advocates"...the LLMD crowd...are
just as bad if not worse. And they take directly out of the pockets of
patients.

Case in point...there is a supposedly new "study" (rolling eyes) out
from some of the California fruits and nuts that seems to have been
bankrolled, in part, by an outfit that provides home infusion
services.

http://www.qmedrx.com/patient.php

Now...this so-called "study" suggests that longterm iv therapy is a
good idea... (shock)...

Gee...gosh...can you figure that one out? And this silly C**P is
coming from people who complained about alleged conflicts of interest
on the part of the IDSA.

It would hysterical if it weren't so absolutely stupid and pathetic.

Lymeland is getting taken for a ride and the alleged 'leadership' is
steering them. (Pardon the expression: "steering").

Now...I sense that you are looking for someone to stay and play with
you...but, honestly...I just am not at all interested and I'm sure
that with effort and a good therapist, you will be able to work out
your feelings of sexual inadequacy and frustration...so that you no
longer feel compelled to interrupt complete strangers who are trying
to express an opinion with your rude and antisocial behavior.

Buh-bye...
Susan
2011-09-21 18:57:14 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
Post by Susan
So, where are all the freebie CMEs being held?
Well, I was thinking of having one in my backyard...but I doubt if
anyone is going to want to hangout for just a bag of stale pork rinds
and a lukewarm six-pack of Bud.
You make those sound like bad things.
Post by Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
Look...
...NOT the issue, really.
Yes, I suppose that there are well-documented cases (numerous ones, in
fact) of MDs getting freebies courtesy of interested parties in the
whole deal. Not a good thing. No disagreement.
The point here is that the "Lyme advocates"...the LLMD crowd...are
just as bad if not worse. And they take directly out of the pockets of
patients.
Everything takes money out of patient's pockets in the U.S. Why would
ILADS be expected not to charge folks to attend a conference? Every
other non profit I've ever belonged to or supported does the same thing.
It's how they help fund themselves; they'd be derelict if they didn't do
it, fiscally irresponsible.
Post by Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
Case in point...there is a supposedly new "study" (rolling eyes) out
from some of the California fruits and nuts that seems to have been
bankrolled, in part, by an outfit that provides home infusion
services.
http://www.qmedrx.com/patient.php
Now...this so-called "study" suggests that longterm iv therapy is a
good idea... (shock)...
How is that different from all the pharma and medical equipment operated
research done in the U.S.? The key is to read the data and methodology
and see if it's a good study that supports the results, and then to see
it replicated independently, same as anywhere.
Post by Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
Gee...gosh...can you figure that one out? And this silly C**P is
coming from people who complained about alleged conflicts of interest
on the part of the IDSA.
Disclosure is key. But if you think all medical research should be
funded by those without a stake in the outcome, we're screwed.
Corporations have a profit motive as do many of the docs doing the
reaserch, and government has the goal of reducing costs for payment of
treatments and services. That leaves non profits.
Post by Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
It would hysterical if it weren't so absolutely stupid and pathetic.
If you've made a coherent point or logical argument here, I've missed it.
See above.
Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
2011-09-21 19:24:40 UTC
Post by Susan
x-no-archive: yes
Everything takes money out of patient's pockets in the U.S.  Why would
ILADS be expected not to charge folks to attend a conference?  Every
other non profit I've ever belonged to or supported does the same thing.
It's how they help fund themselves; they'd be derelict if they didn't do
it, fiscally irresponsible.
(Okay...just one more)...

LOL...$1000 to have dinner with an "LLMD"?

You gotta be kiddin' me...

You need a breakdown on that one? It's laugh-out-loud funny-ludicrous.
You know, ROFL-type stuff...

Look...there's an old saying...(Louie Armstrong, I think)...someone
asked him to explain jazz...he replied that if you need to have it
explained...you will never understand...
Post by Susan
How is that different from all the pharma and medical equipment operated
research done in the U.S.?   The key is to read the data and methodology
and see if it's a good study that supports the results, and then to see
it replicated independently, same as anywhere.
Ummm...we're talking about a company...and a doctor...both of whom
have DIRECT financial interests in the conclusions of the study...both
of whom would benefit from a recommendation of longterm iv therapy.
Oh, gosh 'n' golly, gee whiz...you'll never guess what the study
concludes.

Talking about DIRECT CONFLICTS OF INTEREST.

(And PLEASE...it is NOT a defense to say, "okay, yeah, your
honor...but the other guys were doin' it, too").

And, these are supposed to be the "good guys", right?

Yeah, SURE...

My question is: are they just incredibly STUPID...or somewhat less
than dollar-honest...or a combination of both?
Post by Susan
Disclosure is key. But if you think all medical research should be
funded by those without a stake in the outcome, we're screwed.
Corporations have a profit motive as do many of the docs doing the
reaserch, and government has the goal of reducing costs for payment of
treatments and services.  That leaves non profits.
Did you bother to follow the link I provided...as to who it was that
funded this?

"QMedRx is the parent company of Home Care Solutions, a Lyme-literate
home infusion pharmacy".

http://www.qmedrx.com/patient.php

That ain't a "non-profit", there, hon. And the almost side-splitting
comedy of this...is that this garbage is coming from the supposed
"medico-legal" expert on ethics: Lorriane Johnson.
Post by Susan
If you've made a coherent point or logical argument here, I've missed it.
No doubt.

Good luck with your "issues"...
Susan
2011-09-21 21:27:26 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
(Okay...just one more)...
LOL...$1000 to have dinner with an "LLMD"?
You gotta be kiddin' me...
I was referring to a $199 conference fee. But if someone is well heeled
and wants to spend 1k one time spent with a specialist, why do you care?
Post by Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
You need a breakdown on that one? It's laugh-out-loud funny-ludicrous.
You know, ROFL-type stuff...
If you say so. It's not my money, and it's apparently not yours,
either. People spend money on all sorts of things I think are stupid.
How does this differ?
Post by Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
Look...there's an old saying...(Louie Armstrong, I think)...someone
asked him to explain jazz...he replied that if you need to have it
explained...you will never understand...
Translation: "All I've got is contempt, but no logical argument."
Post by Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
Ummm...we're talking about a company...and a doctor...both of whom
have DIRECT financial interests in the conclusions of the study...both
of whom would benefit from a recommendation of longterm iv therapy.
Oh, gosh 'n' golly, gee whiz...you'll never guess what the study
concludes.
That's true of most FDA approved medical trials.
Post by Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs
Talking about DIRECT CONFLICTS OF INTEREST.
(And PLEASE...it is NOT a defense to say, "okay, yeah, your
honor...but the other guys were doin' it, too").
And, these are supposed to be the "good guys", right?
Yeah, SURE...
My question is: are they just incredibly STUPID...or somewhat less
than dollar-honest...or a combination of both?
I think they're just working the way the system dictates.
Post by Susan
Disclosure is key. But if you think all medical research should be
funded by those without a stake in the outcome, we're screwed.
Corporations have a profit motive as do many of the docs doing the
reaserch, and government has the goal of reducing costs for payment of
treatments and services. That leaves non profits.
Did you bother to follow the link I provided...as to who it was that
funded this?
"QMedRx is the parent company of Home Care Solutions, a Lyme-literate
home infusion pharmacy".
http://www.qmedrx.com/patient.php
That ain't a "non-profit", there, hon. And the almost side-splitting
comedy of this...is that this garbage is coming from the supposed
"medico-legal" expert on ethics: Lorriane Johnson.
So you oppose all corporate funded drug trials, too, then?
Not my bad. Yours.
Kathleen
2011-09-22 08:03:15 UTC
Post by Susan
If you've made a coherent point or logical argument here, I've missed it.
No doubt.
Not my bad.  Yours.
Susan, don't talk to this person.
Criticism with no contribution to
the resolution of the problem.

ILADS can do nothing for us scientifically
and legally, That is the problem.

http://www.actionlyme.org

This is a prosecution by the USDOJ
for FALSE CLAIMS over the
testing for Lyme and the outcomes
of LYMErix.

The issue is scientific validity
and that would backfire on
the likes of ILADS (psychiatrists).

Kathleen

Kathleen
2011-09-19 21:36:06 UTC
Years ago, a friend and I went to  several protests and LLMD
discussions. There don't seem to be as many anymore or I'm not hearing
about them.
Are there any Lyme talks or protests in the immediate future?  Thank
you.
Thanks to Pat Smith
who trashed the patient
and science movement.