Questions about the Lyme and Tick-borne Diseases Research Center
diefortheswarm
2012-06-24 03:18:01 UTC
I am looking for information about the Lyme and Tick-borne Diseases Research Center at the Columbia University Medical Center from people who have been patients there.

I am looking for the following information as well as anything else you want to add.

What sort of diagnostic tests and evaluation was preformed by their “Second Opinion” evaluation service?

What sort of treatment options were available? More specifically did they offer any non-antibiotic treatment options such as auto-immune treatment?

Thank you for your help.
Phyllis Mervine
Lots of info here http://columbia-lyme.org/index.html
Lipanj
2012-06-28 04:42:41 UTC
http://columbia-lyme.org/research/cr_research.html
This site may help a bit more but----- I myself for ages have been trying to get the final write up paper on the 31kda epitope test and to no avail. Even wrote to them - got no reply. That was in ref to their study on late stage chronic lyme...Igenex now had a new test called 31 epitope test...if one shows band 31 positive or equivical on western blot then it is kicked over to the epitope test to see if one has chronic late stage lyme.
It is a fine tuned dna breakdown of antigen 31...Never heard a word on that..YOU WROTE:
I am looking for information about the Lyme and Tick-borne Diseases Research Center at the Columbia University Medical Center from people who have been patients there.
yES, some yrs ago they had that study..what happened hmmm. I really wondered at times did Brian Fallon actually turn the other cheek now- you know what I mean..what are they doing there now in ref to Lyme.