Searching for Lyme Literate Dr. in Washington DC Metro area/Maryland/Va
jenne woodrow
2012-07-12 14:58:26 UTC
I am looking for a lyme literate dr in the washinton dc metro area, willing to travel some though- just want to get in soon.

my husband has lymes i think, but having trouble getting diagnosed and figuring out treatment. has a bite on his leg 5 weeks ago with flu like symptoms. dr's treated it as "cellulitis". now 5 weeks later has fatigue, flu like symptoms and facial/eye swelling, neck and jaw pain. he has some lymes test that came back positive but his primary dr want to wait a few weeks to redraw them before doing any treatment. I don't think we can or should do this as he has had positive titers and he is symptomatic. I'm trying to get in asap to see someone that is lyme literate, and maybe takes insurance too? (don't know if that is possible) Please give me recommendations if you have any!
jenne
Lipanj
2012-07-13 03:46:01 UTC
Post by jenne woodrow
I am looking for a lyme literate dr in the washinton dc metro area, willing to travel some though- just want to get in soon.
my husband has lymes i think, but having trouble getting diagnosed and figuring out treatment. has a bite on his leg 5 weeks ago with flu like symptoms. dr's treated it as "cellulitis". now 5 weeks later has fatigue, flu like symptoms and facial/eye swelling, neck and jaw pain. he has some lymes test that came back positive but his primary dr want to wait a few weeks to redraw them before doing any treatment. I don't think we can or should do this as he has had positive titers and he is symptomatic. I'm trying to get in asap to see someone that is lyme literate, and maybe takes insurance too? (don't know if that is possible) Please give me recommendations if you have any!
jenne
Go to this site and click on contact. Look over the whole site. The doctor is in Washington. http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/contact/
PS..It is not lyme's disease- plural. It is called Lyme Disease as in the US it was first discovered in Lyme Conn.
It has been know in Europe for over 100 yrs. It is really borrelliosis infection. Note:typical blood tests are a sham. Best lab in US is Igenex in Calif..YES MOST OF THE DRS. AND DERMATOLOGISTS ARE A BUNCH OF JERKS....it is a shame also the politics of what is going on with this disease.
Lipanj
2012-07-13 03:55:16 UTC
I could swear klinghardt was in Washinton DC area not far from Maryland...a girl was going to him who lived in Bethlehem Pa.

Lipanj
2012-07-13 04:34:12 UTC
MY APOLOGIES- KLINGHARDT dR. IS IN THE SEATTLE WASH. AREA WAY NORTHWEST.
jenne
Phyllis Mervine
2012-07-20 08:11:06 UTC