Kathleen Dickson: fugitive, convict, mental patient
Nomen Nescio
2008-02-27 14:10:02 UTC
Featured in Court & Police
The New London Day
Published on 5/8/2004
Kathleen Dickson, 46, of 23 Garden St., Pawcatuck, was charged
Thursday with being a fugitive from justice.

Featured in Court & Police
The New London Day
Published on 5/9/2004
Kathleen Dickson, 45, of 23 Garden St., Pawcatuck, was charged Friday
with second-degree harassment and threatening.

"...locked in the Whiting Forensic Hospital for 8 months..."
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2000/rpt/olr/htm/2000-r-0704.htm
Lyme Disease Activist Told To Stop
Judge Offers To Let Charges Drop
By HILDA MUÑOZ
Courant Staff Writer
Page B3
October 5 2005

NEW BRITAIN -- A 47-year-old woman accused of threatening an
assistant attorney general may have harassment charges against her
dropped if she stops barraging state officials with information about
Lyme disease.
Superior Court Judge Patrick Clifford said Tuesday that Kathleen
Dickson's criminal case will end if she discontinues a massive e-mail
and fax campaign detailing her complaints about the scientific
community's approach to fighting Lyme disease.
"I'm willing to let my activist friends take over," Dickson said.
In 2003, the Department of Children and Families removed Dickson's
children from her custody because the department contended that she
was spending so much time campaigning for changes in Lyme disease
care that she neglected their needs, Dickson said. Dickson and her
children have Lyme disease.
Dickson went to court to regain custody, but Assistant Attorney
General Jessica Gauvin successfully argued that the children should
be in the custody of Dickson's ex-husband.
Dickson was arrested in 2004 after allegedly deluging Gauvin with
insulting and threatening e-mails. She was charged with two counts of
second-degree harassment and one count of second-degree threatening
and was granted accelerated rehabilitation*, a special form of
probation.
Gauvin told police that she had received approximately 600 e-mails,
one of which said, "IF ANY HARM comes to my children, Jessica Gauvin
could get the death penalty and I will never let up. ..."
Dickson is also accused of mailing Gauvin a package of information
that included a map with directions to Gauvin's home, according to an
arrest affidavit.
Dickson claimed Gauvin lied during the custody hearing and lied to
police about the e-mails.
One of the conditions of Dickson's probation was that she was to show
her probation officer any e-mails or faxes to state agencies before
she sent them out. But she violated that condition by faxing hundreds
of pages on Lyme disease to the chief state's attorney's office and
the attorney general's office, Deputy Assistant State's Attorney
Brett Salafia said.
_
http://federalism.typepad.com/crime_federalism/2006/03/i_hate_it_when...
I doubt I have ever heard such a blatant lie. The previous poster,
Kathleen M. Dickson WAS committed, and for good reason. She has no
house and no assets, and didn't at the time of her committment. No
one
has broken the law but her, and no one committed perjury but her.
Nothing is as simple as this idiot would have you believe. DCF did
have a case, her kids were removed, and she now has NO contact with
them (thank goodness). She might have mental illness, but her kids
have no Lyme, and are doing fine now without her. No person or Yale
sacrificed her kids, but her. She should be ashamed of how she
continues to seek sympathy for her miserable actions at every
opportunity.
Posted by: Sig Hansen | May 8, 2006 5:46:25 PM
This Kathleen M. Dickson is about as loopy as you can get. Go to
google groups and search her. She has YEARS of posting various
conspiracies (all with her at the center of course), ranging from
CIA,
FBI, Jews, State of Connecticut, various postal workers, and members
of the Elk's lodge. Her latest thing is supporting Hugo Chavez
statements.
It would all be pretty funny if it wasn't for the fact that she's
messed up her kids with dragging them into years of this insanity.
Posted by: Mark Zimmerman | Sep 21, 2006 11:17:07 PM
_
Date: 2000-11-19 02:30:18 PST
....I was psychotic 20 years ago.
Date: 2000-11-22 02:47:38 PST
I can't watch TV. The images make me too emotionally all over the
place, but books you can take at your own pace. 'Works for me to have
my head focused on a deliberate reading project. Otherwise I am so
scattered I chase my tail all day long. It's really kinda funny how
spin around and pick up things and go off onto something else. Also,
loud music drowns out some of the [c]onfusion. I hate the meds, but
at least I'm somewhat more deliberate about each task. I went off
and
now I am back to being a spastic electron getting out of orbit and
nothing done. So, I may have to trade back my free-floating autonomy
to be more grounded.
Date: 2000-11-26 16:45:06 PST
I was doing fine until I sorta lost it this summer. Then I
remembered all the crap that happened when I was a kid and I started
having Sz
signs. Then I found out I had been taking atipsychotics before. Then
I realized I was psychotic before. THAT was like a kick in the
stomach.
Date: 2000-11-26 16:45:06 PST
I just have my Lyme people and we are having a war right now. So,
even people like me get to be players. I'm harmless. Just really
immature and naive.
Date: 2000-11-23 19:56:44 PST
..think my house needs to be wrapped in tin foil. Like, it's a big
satellite dish. I wish it would stop collecting all these noises and
conversations from umpteen miles away. I hear sounds that I think are
coming from far away and are somehow amplified by how my house is
located. I think the terrain does something to the sound waves. I
know that sounds totally PsYcHiAtRiC, but there's no way for me to
tell if this is happening or not. Often I hear the sounds like of a
ship's steam room. But it sounds far away. So, I wander around the
house, wondering what the hell is running in the house that is making
a motor sound (this is really true). But I have never heard anyone
talking to *me* that was a hallucination; real auditory, although
I've heard the TV going or radio going in the house when they
weren't.
Foley Hearts Chuck
2008-02-27 14:33:19 UTC
*http://photos1.blogger.com/img/260/1984/640/060305KDicksonSm.jpg
weren't.
c***@yahoo.com
Date: 2000-11-26 16:45:06 PST
Date: 2000-11-23 19:56:44 PST
..think my house needs to be wrapped in tin foil. �Like, it's a big
satellite dish. I wish it would stop collecting all these noises and
conversations from umpteen miles away. I hear sounds that I think are
coming from far away and are somehow amplified by how my house is
located. �I think the terrain does something to the sound waves. I
know that sounds totally PsYcHiAtRiC, but there's no way for me to
tell if this is happening or not. �Often I hear the sounds like of a
ship's steam room. �But it sounds far away. �So, I wander around the
house, wondering what the hell is running in the house that is making
a motor sound (this is really true). But I have never heard anyone
talking to *me* that was a hallucination; real auditory, although
I've heard the TV going or radio going in the house when they
weren't.
IGNORE KRAZY KATHLEEN'S OFF TOPIC GARBAGE SPAM DO YOURSELF A FAVOR
AND
SCROLL ON BY
j***@gmail.com
2013-10-29 16:12:28 UTC
Great innovators and original thinkers and artists attract the wrath of mediocrities as lightning rods draw the flashes.

-Theodor Reik
j***@gmail.com
2013-10-29 17:40:00 UTC
Read the science before you judge.

Yes, she's eccentric, but the science is valid, and that's all that matters.
m***@yahoo.com
Date: 2000-11-26 16:45:06 PST
Date: 2000-11-23 19:56:44 PST
..think my house needs to be wrapped in tin foil. Like, it's a big
satellite dish. I wish it would stop collecting all these noises and
conversations from umpteen miles away. I hear sounds that I think are
coming from far away and are somehow amplified by how my house is
located. I think the terrain does something to the sound waves. I
know that sounds totally PsYcHiAtRiC, but there's no way for me to
tell if this is happening or not. Often I hear the sounds like of a
ship's steam room. But it sounds far away. So, I wander around the
house, wondering what the hell is running in the house that is making
a motor sound (this is really true). But I have never heard anyone
talking to *me* that was a hallucination; real auditory, although
I've heard the TV going or radio going in the house when they
weren't.
Oh, I see Sweeg et al are upset about what's on my website again.

Oh, well.

No stopping the traffic.

http://www.actionlyme.org/index.htm
k***@gmail.com
Date: 2000-11-26 16:45:06 PST
Date: 2000-11-23 19:56:44 PST
..think my house needs to be wrapped in tin foil. Like, it's a big
satellite dish. I wish it would stop collecting all these noises and
conversations from umpteen miles away. I hear sounds that I think are
coming from far away and are somehow amplified by how my house is
located. I think the terrain does something to the sound waves. I
know that sounds totally PsYcHiAtRiC, but there's no way for me to
tell if this is happening or not. Often I hear the sounds like of a
ship's steam room. But it sounds far away. So, I wander around the
house, wondering what the hell is running in the house that is making
a motor sound (this is really true). But I have never heard anyone
talking to *me* that was a hallucination; real auditory, although
I've heard the TV going or radio going in the house when they
weren't.
************

By Paula Kozinn, NYC Lyme Awareness Advocate

I have recently become part of the Lyme community online and immediately had interactions with Kathleen. It is too early for me to assess whether or not her science holds up, but I think that she is trying to make the medical, scientific and political community accountable for having suppressed real information about Lyme disease and treatment, which has resulted in a genuine epidemic.

If you want to talk to her, you'll need a coat of mail, so be forewarned. You may even need to set firm boundaries to save yourself. But you should also be fair enough to understand the situation, and try to eek out some compassion and even respect for what she is attempting to do.

I understand that Kathleen suffers from many manifestations of various co-infections common to people with Lyme disease and they are a bear to deal with. The allegations you've posted, are quite plausible, due to the very real medical struggles that Kathleen has which are a result of Lyme-related infections.

Unfortunately, due to the gross lack of advocacy for Lyme patients, in the US and abroad, people with Lyme are forced to get out there and do this pressing and important work, themselves, while being extremely ill.

If her work results in saving endless lives because Lyme disease becomes effectively diagnosed and properly treated, we will celebrate her. And for her to do this, with a debilitating disability, is nothing short of heroic.

Cognitive issues and extreme anxiety and feelings of rage, are symptoms that the most docile of people experience with certain Lyme co-infections. Not the best combination for a public figure. But I take my hat off to Kathleen, for staying in the fight because she has to. This epidemic needs to be stopped. People need to be held accountable. And Kathleen is pulling the curtain back to expose the puppet-master/s. Good for her. Those who would ridicule her, should take compassion and carry her torch for her, instead.

She is no different than John Q, waving an empty gun around the emergency room to save his child's life, when his son is being told to go ahead and die, no one cares -- it's about what's covered, your life is not important enough. In the case of Kathleen, they're saying, "We're willing to pay for our crimes with your lives."

Is that crazy behavior? Sure it is. But people get crazy when they feel they're in a life or death situation -- even without spirochetes migrating around their spinal column and into the emotion and processing centers of their brains.

It's not pretty... but it's beautiful.
v***@hotmail.com
2014-11-11 18:06:58 UTC
She blew the whistle (whistleblower) in January 2001 and how I understand the situation, no one attacked her before then.

She is a trained scientist who worked for Pfizer and has "degree" in chemistry.

After she said of these criminal actions she claims to have evidence she was well attacked from several quarters. It makes sence. So yeah, I spent some time trying to figure out if she is in water.

I know many responds that she is very clear in its message of sticking to the facts.

For how can you deal with the evidence we are presented by authorities when much of the research is based on forged test?

I do not know what's right here, but for me the issue is more important than the individual. SO then you know how I think.

Recent research shows well that much of what she has written is actually right. This may be one of the biggest health scandals through the times ..